In the first 2 weeks of 2020, the news has been full of reports of terrible events, most of which are linked to climate changes. Life threatening fires in Australia, impending famine in Zambia and devastating floods in Jakarta. It’s becoming an almost daily onslaught of atrocious news.
No one can deny that more needs to be done to tackle climate change and our (human) impact on the world and it seems we need to act now, before it really is too late.
Magenta is passionate about doing more to help and that’s why, in 2020 we are committing to making changes to our working practices – to reduce consumption and positively impact our environment.
2020 is the year Magenta goes Green!
We, with your support, would like to help make Magenta more eco-friendly, thus doing our bit for our world.
We’re committing to developing better practices in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for everyone on the planet.
They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice.
This year, we want to focus on goals 12, 13 and 15, which are: Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Change and Life on Land.
We’ve set ourselves a goal in 2020 – to reduce our paper use by at least 50%.
This means we will be more efficient in-house, using dual screens and printing less on a daily basis – – BUT you will also see an increase in digital format correspondence with you.
Don’t panic! We want to work with all our clients in the way that best suits them – so if you still want paper copies of some paperwork, we will be happy to provide this for you. Unfortunately, for some documents it will remain necessary.
However, we’d like to encourage as many people as possible to join us on the “Magenta goes Green” journey.
How we will do it
- We will have a conversation with you about your preferred methods of communication and work out the best way forward.
- We have a brand-new client portal allowing us to exchange documents and soon you’ll be able to approve our recommendations via this. You’ll be set up on the new portal before or shortly after your annual planning meeting – it is very easy to use and we will be here to help with any issues that might arise.
- We are working hard to be able to provide your Cashflow forecast updates in a format that makes them easier for you to update.
As well as saving paper, trees, postage and energy,, we are pledging to donate 100% of any savings we make, to an environmental charity.
In fact, this year, we will be nominating an environmental charity for all our charity fundraising! (More to follow once we’ve agreed on our chosen charity.)
We have some much bigger plans for Magenta goes Green over the coming 12 months, including:
- Making the office and the facilities we use eco-friendly;
- Trying to increase our team’s use of public transport to get to work, or cycling or walking;
- Increasing our recycling – including considering the items that cannot be put in our normal recycling bins;
- Fun craft projects to reuse plastic;
- And much more…
At Magenta we want to be kind to people and kind to the planet and we believe that now is the time to make a more conscious effort in changing the way we work for the good of our world. We hope you will all be happy to support us and be part of our green campaign.