We have such a short time on this earth yet few of us pause to think about how we want to spend that time. That is why a bucket list, a list of everything that you want to be, do, have, and experience in life can really help you live life to the fullest. If you want...
After such a difficult 2 years we really wanted to get the team out of the office for some well-deserved fun and team building. Finding something that everyone was able or wanted to do wasn’t as easy as it first seemed. We’re a varied team in age and...
Welcome to Gretchen’s monthly VLOG, for July! Each month Gretchen talks about 3 pertinent topics that have come up with Magenta clients. In July the topics discussed were Trust Registration Requirements Cash Rates Gretchen’s recent award for Financial Adviser of the...
What’s the purpose of your retirement pot and will it enable you to do everything you want? by Gretchen Betts
We spend a lot of time at Magenta talking about retirement planning and setting objectives for when you aren’t working, or are working less. When we talk about Retirement Planning – this isn’t about just when you turn 50, 60, or whatever your magic number is for...
We all have to go one day, and, in our experience, it is better to be organised and prepared as far as possible. At Magenta we have had some wonderful discussions with clients about how they want to go and be remembered; the parties they want to have; the music; the...
As any parent knows children can be very expensive. Even before a child is born there seems to be more and more costs parents are facing; scans, baby showers and maternity care just to name a few. Parents understand that whilst their children are young, there...
Life and the traditions we have adopted over time are changing, and this seems to have been especially amplified over the past few years with change happening faster than ever. We have grown up with the fairy tale story of meeting the person of our dream, moving in...
There are millions of things we can fill our minds with, and this doesn’t always come readily to mind, but sometimes thinking and talking about death is healthy. Death is like a work or study deadline – something that empowers us to make sure we do everything we want...
Gretchen’s Monthly Vlog will detail the 3 Top Topics which Magenta have been discussing with their clients. In June the following topics were discussed Investment Markets State Pension Forecasts Fun, Travel and Covid To view the Vlog for June click...
This is a question we get asked a lot, usually because people are concerned that it will “die with them” and leave their family with a hole in the household income. What happens depends entirely on the type of pension you have. For ease of understanding, we’ve broken...
- Bucket Lists – What they are and tips on how to write yours!
- Magenta’s Team Building Day! by Allyson Hopkins
- Magenta’s July Vlog – from Gretchen Betts
- What’s the purpose of your retirement pot and will it enable you to do everything you want? by Gretchen Betts
- End of Life Planning, Your Financial Check List By Julie Lord
- Saving for Your Child’s Significant Life Events – Our Top Tips By Allyson Hopkins
- Moving in with your partner, planning to get married, or not? By Jess Geere
- Talking About Death Is Healthy – By Julie Lord
- Magenta’s June Vlog – from Gretchen Betts
- What will happen to my pension when I die? By Jamie Flook
- Financial Considerations when Re-Marrying by Julie Lord
- Magenta becomes LGBT Champions – By Allyson Hopkins
- What can we learn from Queen Elizabeth II’s 70-year Reign? By Julie Lord
- Magenta’s May Vlog – from Gretchen Betts
- Your Guide to 2022/23 Tax Allowances and Limits – By Gretchen Betts
- The Magenta Team Update! By Allyson Hopkins
- Why Financial Wellbeing is Key to a Happy Life – by Julie Lord
- I’ve received an Inheritance – what should I be doing now? By Julie Lord
- Magenta’s April Vlog – from Gretchen Betts
- 3 Green Investment Myths – Dispelled! – By Jamie Flook
- Organising your Finances to cope with Financial Shocks – by Julie Lord
- If Today was your Last Day … by Julie Lord
- March Vlog – by Gretchen Betts
- Magenta’s Forest keeps Growing with Ecologi
- Women Should be Planning for a 100-Year Life
- 2022 Spring Statement Update
- Calling Women Entrepreneurs!
- Magenta’s Top Tips for Tax Year-End – By Jamie Flook
- Financial Support for Adult Children – Yes or No? by Julie Lord
- February Vlog – by Gretchen Betts
- Is Financial Planning really different for Women? by Julie Lord
- Financial planning is never really about money, is it? By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Redundancy
- Introducing our Financial Planning Guide for Women
- Inflation – the measure of the rise in the cost of living – has hit a 30 year high in January this year at 5.2%
- Call for your Help and Recommendations!
- 12 Habits of Successful Investors
- What is a Money Habitude? By Jessica Geere
- 5 Main Life Themes for 2022 – A New take on Resolutions!
- Happy New Year! From Team Magenta!
- A Very Merry Magenta!
- A Greener New Year – By Jessica Geere
- Magenta’s Top 5 tips on Inheriting Money – by Jamie Flook
- Magenta’s Tips for a ‘Green’ Christmas – by Julie Lord
- We will all reap the Benefits when Women control the Wealth! – By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Divorce or Separation – By Julie Lord
- Why Are Women Less Likely to Invest? By Julie Lord
- Tax-efficient Income in Retirement – by Julie Lord
- The Magenta Team – by Allyson Hopkins
- Just you wait and see! – A Guest Blog by Alison Willis
- The Climate Change Challenge and Potential Solutions -Guest Blog by Louisiana Salge, Senior Sustainability Specialist, EQ Investors
- Good Money Week
- The Free Magenta Guide to Green Investing
- Why Getting To Know You Is So Important For Good Financial Planning – By Jamie Flook
- Diversity and Inclusion – Why is is Vital for the Future of Financial Services
- All you need to know about the changes to Care Costs and Tax Increases
- Women! Take Control of Your Finances – By Jess Geere
- Magenta is 5! By Gretchen Betts
- Financial Wellbeing and Mental Health – By Julie Lord
- Awards Season for the Financial Services Profession!
- Magenta Goes Greener – By Allyson Hopkins
- My Experience as an Intern at Magenta – by Courtney Vidales
- Magenta becomes Accredited by the Initiative for Financial Wellbeing By Allyson Hopkins
- Lifetime ISA – LISA – The Unsung Hero By Jamie Flook
- I’ve passed my regulated Diploma in Financial Planning! What’s next? By Jess Geere
- 5 Financial Planning Tips for Women – By Julie Lord
- Will Millennials and Gen Z-er’s become ‘saver’ generations now? By Jamie Flook
- Flexible working and changes we’ve made because of the Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- What is Financial Coaching? – By Gretchen Betts
- The Pros and Cons of paying off Student Loans – by Jess Geere
- Exploring the Concept of Risk
- Doing Good With Your Money – By Jamie Flook
- Magenta continues to strive to be Dementia Friendly – by Allyson Hopkins
- How to Pay for Long Term Nursing Care
- Exploring Your Money Mindset
- Find out more about our Magenta Forest! By Jamie Flook
- Are you affected by miscalculations in your state pension? By Gretchen Betts
- The Magenta Manual – Digital Version!
- Your money or your life?! What’s most important to your financial adviser? By Julie Lord
- Introducing our new Financial Planner – Jamie Flook
- The A-Z of Happy Retirement – by Julie Lord
- End of Tax Year Hints and Tips – by Clare Hopkins
- The Pandemic and The Future: 8 Lessons And 12 Quotations for Inspiration. By Julie Lord.
- Positive Impact Investing – what it means to me, and how investing this way can help local companies. By Jess Geere
- Inclusive, Thoughtful & Knowledgeable – Andrew Bond
- Children and Examinations in a Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- I’ve had enough! Guidance for if you are considering Divorce. By Julie Lord.
- Dealing with a Long-Term medical condition from a young age. An Inspiring story from our youngest team member.
- Defining Moments and Better Advice – by Julie Lord
- Covid 19 and the Future – 10 Top Tips for maintaining balance and future-proofing our lives
- Should I Hire a Financial Planner?
- Anti-Goals for 2021!
- A Christmas Carol – Coronavirus Hijacks Christmas 2020
- Round-Up of 2020
- Julie’s Retirement Blog – Part 2
- Making Judith’s Retirement Dreams Come True
- Christmas 2020 – Merry and Bright or Scary and Tight?
- Help to Buy ISAs – Now or never?