“Financial wellbeing” is a relatively new concept in the mainstream financial advice world. Indeed, in many companies it is seen as the new marketing tagline just to sell more financial products. But financial planning firms like Magenta understand that much like...
How lovely! Most people would be envious and agree that this is a wonderful position to be in, but for others it becomes a huge burden and responsibility, particularly if they are not confident about managing money. Everyone dreams of getting a windfall, but many...
Gretchen’s Monthly Vlog will detail the 3 Top Topics which Magenta have been discussing with their clients. In April the following topics were discussed Inflation and Cash Flow Assumptions Gift Aid Why Women? To view the Vlog for April click here...
1 – Having to sacrifice returns to do good with your money This is the number one discussion point that gets raised by clients when talking about investing ‘ethically’ or ‘doing good’ with money. A significant number of people want their money to do good in the world,...
At Magenta, part of our role is to ensure that our clients will still feel financially secure in the event of unexpected events and crises and will still be able to reach or maintain their desired lifestyle. Even with the most careful financial planning, shocks can...
If you knew today was your last day, what regrets would you have? What would you have missed? What do you wish you had done differently? Recently I was referred to a book called 'The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying' and have become rather obsessive about ensuring I won’t...
At the beginning of 2021 we decided we wanted to do more about becoming a ‘greener’ company and doing our bit for the environment. We found a great company called Ecologi https://ecologi.com/ who’s passion is helping companies reduced their carbon footprint, through...
We have written often about women being at a disadvantage compared to men when it comes to lifelong financial wellbeing. In fact, they are also in a worse position than their mothers and grandmothers, simply because they are likely to live much longer and thus need...
Many women we speak to, go to work just to bring home some extra money for the family. But often their jobs are unfulfilling, boring and underpaid. There are plenty of stories in the traditional women’s magazines of women who have had the courage to step out on their...
We’re not far away from the end of another tax year, so with many allowances being “use it or lose it”, what are the key things you need to think about before 5th April? Invest in your ISAs! Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) allow your savings to grow free of income...
- Why Financial Wellbeing is Key to a Happy Life – by Julie Lord
- I’ve received an Inheritance – what should I be doing now? By Julie Lord
- Magenta’s April Vlog – from Gretchen Betts
- 3 Green Investment Myths – Dispelled! – By Jamie Flook
- Organising your Finances to cope with Financial Shocks – by Julie Lord
- If Today was your Last Day … by Julie Lord
- March Vlog – by Gretchen Betts
- Magenta’s Forest keeps Growing with Ecologi
- Women Should be Planning for a 100-Year Life
- 2022 Spring Statement Update
- Calling Women Entrepreneurs!
- Magenta’s Top Tips for Tax Year-End – By Jamie Flook
- Financial Support for Adult Children – Yes or No? by Julie Lord
- February Vlog – by Gretchen Betts
- Is Financial Planning really different for Women? by Julie Lord
- Financial planning is never really about money, is it? By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Redundancy
- Introducing our Financial Planning Guide for Women
- Inflation – the measure of the rise in the cost of living – has hit a 30 year high in January this year at 5.2%
- Call for your Help and Recommendations!
- 12 Habits of Successful Investors
- What is a Money Habitude? By Jessica Geere
- 5 Main Life Themes for 2022 – A New take on Resolutions!
- Happy New Year! From Team Magenta!
- A Very Merry Magenta!
- A Greener New Year – By Jessica Geere
- Magenta’s Top 5 tips on Inheriting Money – by Jamie Flook
- Magenta’s Tips for a ‘Green’ Christmas – by Julie Lord
- We will all reap the Benefits when Women control the Wealth! – By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Divorce or Separation – By Julie Lord
- Why Are Women Less Likely to Invest? By Julie Lord
- Tax-efficient Income in Retirement – by Julie Lord
- The Magenta Team – by Allyson Hopkins
- Just you wait and see! – A Guest Blog by Alison Willis
- The Climate Change Challenge and Potential Solutions -Guest Blog by Louisiana Salge, Senior Sustainability Specialist, EQ Investors
- Good Money Week
- The Free Magenta Guide to Green Investing
- Why Getting To Know You Is So Important For Good Financial Planning – By Jamie Flook
- Diversity and Inclusion – Why is is Vital for the Future of Financial Services
- All you need to know about the changes to Care Costs and Tax Increases
- Women! Take Control of Your Finances – By Jess Geere
- Magenta is 5! By Gretchen Betts
- Financial Wellbeing and Mental Health – By Julie Lord
- Awards Season for the Financial Services Profession!
- Magenta Goes Greener – By Allyson Hopkins
- My Experience as an Intern at Magenta – by Courtney Vidales
- Magenta becomes Accredited by the Initiative for Financial Wellbeing By Allyson Hopkins
- Lifetime ISA – LISA – The Unsung Hero By Jamie Flook
- I’ve passed my regulated Diploma in Financial Planning! What’s next? By Jess Geere
- 5 Financial Planning Tips for Women – By Julie Lord
- Will Millennials and Gen Z-er’s become ‘saver’ generations now? By Jamie Flook
- Flexible working and changes we’ve made because of the Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- What is Financial Coaching? – By Gretchen Betts
- The Pros and Cons of paying off Student Loans – by Jess Geere
- Exploring the Concept of Risk
- Doing Good With Your Money – By Jamie Flook
- Magenta continues to strive to be Dementia Friendly – by Allyson Hopkins
- How to Pay for Long Term Nursing Care
- Exploring Your Money Mindset
- Find out more about our Magenta Forest! By Jamie Flook
- Are you affected by miscalculations in your state pension? By Gretchen Betts
- The Magenta Manual – Digital Version!
- Your money or your life?! What’s most important to your financial adviser? By Julie Lord
- Introducing our new Financial Planner – Jamie Flook
- The A-Z of Happy Retirement – by Julie Lord
- End of Tax Year Hints and Tips – by Clare Hopkins
- The Pandemic and The Future: 8 Lessons And 12 Quotations for Inspiration. By Julie Lord.
- Positive Impact Investing – what it means to me, and how investing this way can help local companies. By Jess Geere
- Inclusive, Thoughtful & Knowledgeable – Andrew Bond
- Children and Examinations in a Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- I’ve had enough! Guidance for if you are considering Divorce. By Julie Lord.
- Dealing with a Long-Term medical condition from a young age. An Inspiring story from our youngest team member.
- Defining Moments and Better Advice – by Julie Lord
- Covid 19 and the Future – 10 Top Tips for maintaining balance and future-proofing our lives
- Should I Hire a Financial Planner?
- Anti-Goals for 2021!
- A Christmas Carol – Coronavirus Hijacks Christmas 2020
- Round-Up of 2020
- Julie’s Retirement Blog – Part 2
- Making Judith’s Retirement Dreams Come True
- Christmas 2020 – Merry and Bright or Scary and Tight?
- Help to Buy ISAs – Now or never?