At Magenta we always ask about a client’s family situation and whether there is likely to be any financial support required for young children, older parents, adult children and/or other family members. It is important that we understand whether there will be any...
For 2022 Gretchen set herself a resolution to create more video content for Magenta Clients. Each month, Gretchen’s Vlog will detail the 3 Top Topics which Magenta has been discussing with their clients. In February the following topics were discussed Volatile Stock...
Should today’s women take a different approach to planning a secure financial future to men or even to their mothers and grandmothers? At Magenta, we think the answer to this question is complex – the mechanics of financial planning will be the same for everyone, but...
Big changes often need big hugs! No day is ever the same - our clients are different; their needs and goals are different; their circumstances are different and often subject to change with little or no warning. Some days bring good news and some not so good....
At Magenta we know one thing for certain – that life doesn’t follow a linear path and that change, whether for good or bad, is always around the corner. Life is full of changes and events – some will bring joy and others sorrow. Our experience encompasses all possible...
Last year we launched our Green Guide and this month we’re officially launching our Financial Planning Guide for Women – just in time for International Women’s Day next month. Many of you may be thinking, why a specific guide for women, why would this be a different...
Every small business like ours is reliant on word of mouth, recommendations and reviews for new clients and business. Over the past 5 years, thanks to many of you, we’ve received over 65% of our new clients via referral! We’re so very proud that so many of our clients...
Over the years, we have been asked on many occasions about how to become a successful investor and make the most money. At Magenta we know that showing people how to get the most out of their time on the planet, is more important than making money, but also that...
A Habitude is a combination of habits and attitudes that reveal the ingrained thoughts, feelings and behaviours that influence our decisions and actions. We have used money habitudes over a number of years to understand our clients’ habits and feelings towards money....
2020 and 2021 were pretty hard years for many. The Pandemic robbed us of loved ones; time with loved ones; time with friends and colleagues; our work; our holidays; our hobbies and even our mental and physical health. There were some positives however – we learned...
- Why Financial Wellbeing is Key to a Happy Life – by Julie Lord
- I’ve received an Inheritance – what should I be doing now? By Julie Lord
- Magenta’s April Vlog – from Gretchen Betts
- 3 Green Investment Myths – Dispelled! – By Jamie Flook
- Organising your Finances to cope with Financial Shocks – by Julie Lord
- If Today was your Last Day … by Julie Lord
- March Vlog – by Gretchen Betts
- Magenta’s Forest keeps Growing with Ecologi
- Women Should be Planning for a 100-Year Life
- 2022 Spring Statement Update
- Calling Women Entrepreneurs!
- Magenta’s Top Tips for Tax Year-End – By Jamie Flook
- Financial Support for Adult Children – Yes or No? by Julie Lord
- February Vlog – by Gretchen Betts
- Is Financial Planning really different for Women? by Julie Lord
- Financial planning is never really about money, is it? By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Redundancy
- Introducing our Financial Planning Guide for Women
- Inflation – the measure of the rise in the cost of living – has hit a 30 year high in January this year at 5.2%
- Call for your Help and Recommendations!
- 12 Habits of Successful Investors
- What is a Money Habitude? By Jessica Geere
- 5 Main Life Themes for 2022 – A New take on Resolutions!
- Happy New Year! From Team Magenta!
- A Very Merry Magenta!
- A Greener New Year – By Jessica Geere
- Magenta’s Top 5 tips on Inheriting Money – by Jamie Flook
- Magenta’s Tips for a ‘Green’ Christmas – by Julie Lord
- We will all reap the Benefits when Women control the Wealth! – By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Divorce or Separation – By Julie Lord
- Why Are Women Less Likely to Invest? By Julie Lord
- Tax-efficient Income in Retirement – by Julie Lord
- The Magenta Team – by Allyson Hopkins
- Just you wait and see! – A Guest Blog by Alison Willis
- The Climate Change Challenge and Potential Solutions -Guest Blog by Louisiana Salge, Senior Sustainability Specialist, EQ Investors
- Good Money Week
- The Free Magenta Guide to Green Investing
- Why Getting To Know You Is So Important For Good Financial Planning – By Jamie Flook
- Diversity and Inclusion – Why is is Vital for the Future of Financial Services
- All you need to know about the changes to Care Costs and Tax Increases
- Women! Take Control of Your Finances – By Jess Geere
- Magenta is 5! By Gretchen Betts
- Financial Wellbeing and Mental Health – By Julie Lord
- Awards Season for the Financial Services Profession!
- Magenta Goes Greener – By Allyson Hopkins
- My Experience as an Intern at Magenta – by Courtney Vidales
- Magenta becomes Accredited by the Initiative for Financial Wellbeing By Allyson Hopkins
- Lifetime ISA – LISA – The Unsung Hero By Jamie Flook
- I’ve passed my regulated Diploma in Financial Planning! What’s next? By Jess Geere
- 5 Financial Planning Tips for Women – By Julie Lord
- Will Millennials and Gen Z-er’s become ‘saver’ generations now? By Jamie Flook
- Flexible working and changes we’ve made because of the Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- What is Financial Coaching? – By Gretchen Betts
- The Pros and Cons of paying off Student Loans – by Jess Geere
- Exploring the Concept of Risk
- Doing Good With Your Money – By Jamie Flook
- Magenta continues to strive to be Dementia Friendly – by Allyson Hopkins
- How to Pay for Long Term Nursing Care
- Exploring Your Money Mindset
- Find out more about our Magenta Forest! By Jamie Flook
- Are you affected by miscalculations in your state pension? By Gretchen Betts
- The Magenta Manual – Digital Version!
- Your money or your life?! What’s most important to your financial adviser? By Julie Lord
- Introducing our new Financial Planner – Jamie Flook
- The A-Z of Happy Retirement – by Julie Lord
- End of Tax Year Hints and Tips – by Clare Hopkins
- The Pandemic and The Future: 8 Lessons And 12 Quotations for Inspiration. By Julie Lord.
- Positive Impact Investing – what it means to me, and how investing this way can help local companies. By Jess Geere
- Inclusive, Thoughtful & Knowledgeable – Andrew Bond
- Children and Examinations in a Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- I’ve had enough! Guidance for if you are considering Divorce. By Julie Lord.
- Dealing with a Long-Term medical condition from a young age. An Inspiring story from our youngest team member.
- Defining Moments and Better Advice – by Julie Lord
- Covid 19 and the Future – 10 Top Tips for maintaining balance and future-proofing our lives
- Should I Hire a Financial Planner?
- Anti-Goals for 2021!
- A Christmas Carol – Coronavirus Hijacks Christmas 2020
- Round-Up of 2020
- Julie’s Retirement Blog – Part 2
- Making Judith’s Retirement Dreams Come True
- Christmas 2020 – Merry and Bright or Scary and Tight?
- Help to Buy ISAs – Now or never?