We all know an unsung hero, perhaps it is a family member who always puts everyone else first. Or your favourite band member who does the unseen work and gets on with it without fuss.In this blog we want to tell you a little about an unsung hero in the financial...
Last month I passed my regulated diploma in financial planning! The financial planning diploma is made up of 5 exams on various different technical topics and then a financial planning case study. In preparation for my case study, I was studying around the clock and...
We have written before about the “pink tax” where products targeted at women are often sold at a premium to the same products aimed at men. Thankfully, when it comes to financial planning, there should be no difference to the costs of the service or the methodology...
There’s a good chance that you’ve heard stories from parents or grandparents about how they are very careful with money, how they are natural ‘savers rather than spenders’ or how they only spend when absolutely necessary. And, if you are of a certain age, you will...
If ever there was a time to be grateful for technology, it has been during the Covid pandemic. Zoom, Facetime, Teams, Whats app have kept us all connected and feeling less isolated. Magenta, like most businesses, had to shut the office and resort to remote working. We...
Good financial planning practice would advocate using surplus income and/or savings to repay your debts as a priority. But does the same rule apply to your Student Loan?
As a little fun before bank holiday, in our latest blog, Jamie provides examples of how Magenta is taking action to be ‘more green’ but also explores the options for purchasing Ethical Beers to drink with your BBQ!
As a company, Magenta is proud to be a Dementia Friend, and we were extremely fortunate to be offered ‘Dementia Friends’ training by one of our very own clients, Judith Jeeves.
Read our latest blog which explains the process we went through as a team.
Being a Dementia Friend means being committed to helping raise awareness within the local and wider community.
A growing number of us are enjoying longer lives. Read our latest blog to ensure you have planned for how to pay for long-term nursing care if you should so need it.
In dealing with many different clients over many years, we have always found it fascinating to discover how different people view the world and especially how they think about their money and the impact it has on their lives. There is no doubt that our life...
- Magenta’s Tips for a ‘Green’ Christmas – by Julie Lord
- We will all reap the Benefits when Women control the Wealth! – By Julie Lord
- Planning for Life After Divorce or Separation – By Julie Lord
- Why Are Women Less Likely to Invest? By Julie Lord
- Tax-efficient Income in Retirement – by Julie Lord
- The Magenta Team – by Allyson Hopkins
- Just you wait and see! – A Guest Blog by Alison Willis
- The Climate Change Challenge and Potential Solutions -Guest Blog by Louisiana Salge, Senior Sustainability Specialist, EQ Investors
- Good Money Week
- The Free Magenta Guide to Green Investing
- Why Getting To Know You Is So Important For Good Financial Planning – By Jamie Flook
- Diversity and Inclusion – Why is is Vital for the Future of Financial Services
- All you need to know about the changes to Care Costs and Tax Increases
- Women! Take Control of Your Finances – By Jess Geere
- Magenta is 5! By Gretchen Betts
- Financial Wellbeing and Mental Health – By Julie Lord
- Awards Season for the Financial Services Profession!
- Magenta Goes Greener – By Allyson Hopkins
- My Experience as an Intern at Magenta – by Courtney Vidales
- Magenta becomes Accredited by the Initiative for Financial Wellbeing By Allyson Hopkins
- Lifetime ISA – LISA – The Unsung Hero By Jamie Flook
- I’ve passed my regulated Diploma in Financial Planning! What’s next? By Jess Geere
- 5 Financial Planning Tips for Women – By Julie Lord
- Will Millennials and Gen Z-er’s become ‘saver’ generations now? By Jamie Flook
- Flexible working and changes we’ve made because of the Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- What is Financial Coaching? – By Gretchen Betts
- The Pros and Cons of paying off Student Loans – by Jess Geere
- Exploring the Concept of Risk
- Doing Good With Your Money – By Jamie Flook
- Magenta continues to strive to be Dementia Friendly – by Allyson Hopkins
- How to Pay for Long Term Nursing Care
- Exploring Your Money Mindset
- Find out more about our Magenta Forest! By Jamie Flook
- Are you affected by miscalculations in your state pension? By Gretchen Betts
- The Magenta Manual – Digital Version!
- Your money or your life?! What’s most important to your financial adviser? By Julie Lord
- Introducing our new Financial Planner – Jamie Flook
- The A-Z of Happy Retirement – by Julie Lord
- End of Tax Year Hints and Tips – by Clare Hopkins
- The Pandemic and The Future: 8 Lessons And 12 Quotations for Inspiration. By Julie Lord.
- Positive Impact Investing – what it means to me, and how investing this way can help local companies. By Jess Geere
- Inclusive, Thoughtful & Knowledgeable – Andrew Bond
- Children and Examinations in a Pandemic – By Allyson Hopkins
- I’ve had enough! Guidance for if you are considering Divorce. By Julie Lord.
- Dealing with a Long-Term medical condition from a young age. An Inspiring story from our youngest team member.
- Defining Moments and Better Advice – by Julie Lord
- Covid 19 and the Future – 10 Top Tips for maintaining balance and future-proofing our lives
- Should I Hire a Financial Planner?
- Anti-Goals for 2021!
- A Christmas Carol – Coronavirus Hijacks Christmas 2020
- Round-Up of 2020
- Julie’s Retirement Blog – Part 2
- Making Judith’s Retirement Dreams Come True
- Christmas 2020 – Merry and Bright or Scary and Tight?
- Help to Buy ISAs – Now or never?